Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to my little brother

My little brother is turning 29 today. For some reason I can accept that I am going to be 31 soon, but I have a really hard time believing that Brian is 29. That's too old. Weird. Here's some good memories of Brian:


- squishing army worms on the side of the house to see what colour blood they would have


- catching tadpoles and putting them on the road, only to run over them with his bike


- jumping out of his second story bedroom window to show off for the neighborhood kids


- "secretly" talking to eachother through the heat vents, realizing now that the heat vents went through the whole house, so not so "secret"


- realizing that we couldn't play fight anymore because he was now bigger than me


- skinning his whole face on the road, bad skateboarding accident!




Of course there's lots more. Happy Birthday Brian!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Brian!
Great post Tricia!! It is so great that you two are (and always have been.....) great friends!

bebooth said...

What a lovely entry. You really have a wonderful brother.God bless you

Tricia said...

thanks Brian

Anonymous said...

You two make parents proud....nice one Tricia. There's lots of little stories we can remember about Brian's younger years and you have captured some of the best. As a new Dad he is giving us another picture of himself which only adds to the endearing qualities already there.
Again, Happy Birthday Brian and big hugs to you Tricia for sharing your heart.

Louise said...

Awww! Such a sweet tribute from his big sis! Good seeing you yesterday & your new home...
(Louise)

Rayael said...

Man, you gave me watery eyes again. I hope my kids will have such a great friendship filled with great stories from their childhoods. xxoo

Rachel H. said...

Great post Tricia! What a cute picture of the siblings at the bottom.....awwww.......so great when brothers and sisters get on so well, and I know what you mean about him turning 29, I have a harder time with my younger siblings getting older than I do with myself!

Sarah said...

hey Tricia... are you going to post about your's and Justin's b-days this week?? You definitely should! Happy birthday to both of you.... and the baby needs to be born tomorrow - right in the middle of mommy and daddy!!!